We implement IoT end-to-end
bbv works with you to identify the potential and develop the right IoT strategy, so that you do not lose track in the vast field of IoT and Industry 4.0 with its infinite wealth of data. And we help you implement it – from networking IoT devices to connecting them to the cloud and monitoring.
Senior Software Architect
- Clear direction in the IoT jungle: We help you find your way in the big world of IoT and Industry 4.0, identify potential and develop a clear, future-oriented strategy for your company.
- Swiss pioneering quality: Benefit from our pioneering role in the Swiss cloud and IoT market. You can rely on our proven experience and expertise in Microsoft Azure, Big Data, Edge Computing, IoT security and embedded software engineering.
- Versatile expertise: Our experts have mastered the full spectrum of IoT and Industry 4.0, and can implement even the most sophisticated solutions for you.
- Complete project support: From the initial idea to the cloud connection of your IoT devices, we are at your side to ensure the success of your project.
Jonas Ruesch, Head of Software Engineering Digital Business, GF Machining Solutions
On the way to new digital business models, bbv is a strong partner for us with close ties to the industrial environment, combined with field-tested IoT experience.
- IoT strategy: We work with you to develop an IoT strategy that is perfectly tailored to your needs and potential.
- End-to-end implementation: We take you from the initial idea to full implementation, from networking your IoT devices to connecting them to the cloud, to make your project a complete success.
- Device & system connectivity: Benefit from our expertise in device and system connectivity to seamlessly network your IoT devices.
- Device Security: We develop robust security concepts and solutions that effectively protect your IoT devices and data from external threats.
- Machine-to-machine communication: Leverage our expertise in M2M communications for a wide range of environments.
- Data management: We securely store your IoT data in data lakes and expertly analyse telemetry.
- Predictive Maintenance & Edge Computing: Implement Predictive Maintenance strategies and Edge Computing solutions with us to optimise your operations.
- Process automation: Efficiently automate your business processes with our intelligent IoT solutions.
Internet of Things
Work with our experts to identify and develop business ideas around the Internet of Things. In three modules, we take you from idea to business case. Each module is individually tailored to your company and can be booked separately.
Ignaz Kressibucher, Head of IT Development, Agathon AG
bbv provided us with top-class expertise in IoT. Together, we implemented a solution in just four months, which our customers are now using. Now that’s what I call efficient.
Are you ready to take advantage of the opportunities IoT can bring to your business?
Then book your free consultation now!
FAQ on Internet of Things
IoT solutions can be used in a wide range of industries, each offering specific benefits. Here are some of the industries that can benefit:
- Manufacturing: IoT enables automation of production processes, quality control and predictive maintenance of machinery.
- Healthcare: IoT devices such as wearables and sensors can monitor patient data in real time to improve patient care.
- Retail: IoT can be used to manage inventory, analyse customers and improve the customer experience.
- Agriculture: Sensors can monitor soil moisture, weather conditions and plant health to maximise yields.
- Logistics and transport: IoT can track deliveries in real time and optimise supply chains.
- Energy sector: IoT can be used to monitor and optimise energy consumption in real time, leading to cost savings and greater sustainability.
- Smart cities: IoT technologies can help improve traffic management, waste management and public safety.
Device lifecycle management plays a central role in IoT solutions as it influences the efficiency, security and scalability of the overall system. A holistic approach to managing the devices in use also helps to extend their lifespan – contributing to the success of the solution. The lifecycle of an IoT device varies by industry and use case, but can be broadly categorised as follows:
- Hardware acquisition (for edge devices or gateways)
- Initial device setup and vulnerability management
- Device provisioning
- Connectivity setup
- Over-the-air updates
For more information on this topic, see our blog post «Managing IoT devices correctly – this is how».
Although the terms Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) are often used interchangeably, there are significant differences between the two:
- Scope: IoT is a broad term that encompasses the networking of devices and systems in various industries and everyday life. IIoT focuses specifically on industrial applications such as manufacturing, logistics and energy supply.
- Security: IIoT systems generally have higher security requirements as they are used in critical infrastructures where a failure could have serious consequences.
- Complexity and scalability: IIoT solutions are often more complex and must be able to manage a greater number of devices and data streams.
- Data analytics: While the IoT is often used for simple applications such as home automation, the IIoT requires advanced data analysis and automation for optimisation and prediction.
- Reliability: IIoT systems must be extremely reliable to meet the high demands of industrial processes.
- Connectivity: IIoT uses specific network protocols and standards optimised for industrial applications, while IoT offers a wider range of connectivity options.
Edge Computing refers to data processing that takes place at the edge of a network, i.e. closer to the data source, for example in the case of IoT devices or sensors. Instead of sending all the collected data to a central data centre or cloud, processing takes place directly on the device or on a local server. This has several advantages:
- Latency reduction: Local processing allows data to be analysed more quickly and actions to be taken in real time, which is particularly important for time-critical applications.
- Bandwidth efficiency: With less data to send to the cloud, network bandwidth is used more efficiently.
- Data security: Local processing can increase security by reducing the amount of data transmitted over the Internet.
- Independence: Edge computing allows IoT devices to operate autonomously even if the connection to the central network is lost.
- Scalability: Edge solutions are often easier to scale as new devices can be added without major changes to the central infrastructure.
For more information on this topic, see our German blog post «Warum Edge Computing?».
This might also interest you
IoT solution for more digital services
More digital services for enhanced customer loyalty: With Komax Connect, customers now have online insight into the productivity of their Komax machines. bbv supported Komax in developing its cloud platform – from connecting its machines to visualising the data.View customer story
Cloud as catalyst for innovation
Customer experience redefined
The connected coffee machines from Thermoplan use an innovative cloud solution from bbv to keep an eye of the performance of the appliances and to surprise coffee lovers with new recipes, functions and incentives. The cloud solution was distinguished with an innovation prize.View customer story
Architecture, cloud and security
Innovative IoT solution
bbv developed the Process Inspector together with GF Machining Solutions. The IoT solution visualises the process for machining workpieces in 2D or 3D and thus optimises the manufacturing process. Additionally, bbv advised the GF teams on the cloud strategy and in introducing new technologies.View customer story
IoT Device Lifecycle Management
Managing IoT devices correctly – this is how
Device lifecycle management plays a special role in IoT solutions. We reveal which phases an IoT device undergoes – and what to look out for.View blog post
IoT & Data Analytics
Safe and trouble-free cable car operation
SisControl provides operators of cable cars in ski resorts with access to the latest data and forecasts for their systems so that they can react quickly to disruptions and capacity issues. bbv developed the comprehensive IoT platform together with Sisag.View customer story
Digital logistics processes
Forging new paths with smart logistics
ALSO’s Dolly+ is the clever solution that protects against damage or loss in container format. The Smart & Secure Trolley is a pay-per-use solution that allows secure storage and transport of valuable goods, transparent tracking and optimisation of operation processes.View customer story