Unlocking the potential of modernisation
There is enormous potential in modernising software, from improving performance, security and quality to enabling new business ideas. New methods also open the door to significantly more efficient business processes and the development of new services. Make your software fit for the future!
- Enormous potential: Improve the performance, security and quality of your software and develop new business ideas. Migrate legacy systems to the cloud, maintain and evolve existing applications, and integrate mobile applications.
- Efficient business processes: Use modern methods to streamline your business processes and create new services.
- Adaptable software: Benefit from our expertise in modernising your software so that it can flexibly adapt to changing business and user requirements.
- Future-proof solutions: Prepare for the future and avoid costly patchwork solutions by modernising your software in a targeted manner or developing it from scratch.
- Quality and stability: Resolve existing quality and stability issues and bring the user interface up to date.
Rolf Traber, CEO, mms solutions ag
bbv helped us to modernise our software to deliver a highly flexible system. We benefited enormously from the know-how of the different experts at bbv.
- Software Modernisation Workshops: Here we show you exactly what strategies and options are available to modernise your software – and give you a recommendation for implementation at the end of each workshop.
- Potential analysis: Our experts identify the modernisation potential of your software and suggest appropriate improvements.
- Gentle modernisation or partial replacement: We analyse your software in a fair and open way and recommend a soft modernisation or a modularised partial replacement, depending on the situation.
- Complete redevelopment: If necessary, we will recommend a complete redevelopment of your software. In the case of a new development, we use quality assurance measures to ensure consistent functionality during the transformation.
- Minimally invasive refactoring: We focus on those components of your software that urgently need to be adapted to increase development speed.
- Architecture Modernisation: Where necessary, we modernise the software architecture to provide the flexibility to make rapid adjustments and continuous improvements to your software in the future.
Choose your individual workshop: Here we show you specific strategies and options for modernising your software. Tailored to your situation and business, we will provide you with an implementation recommendation at the end of each workshop.
Christian Königsdorfer, Manager and Co-Owner of proles solutions ag
We called on bbv to help us implement future innovations faster in our software. The cooperation with bbv was top class – both technically and personally.
FAQ on Modernisierung
Modernising software offers many opportunities that go far beyond a simple update. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Competitiveness: Implementing new technologies and features can give you an edge over your competitors.
- Increased efficiency: Modernised software can automate processes and optimise workflows, leading to increased productivity.
- Cost savings: Improved system performance and reduced maintenance can save you money in the long run.
- Scalability: Modern software architectures are often more scalable, allowing your business to adapt flexibly to market changes and growth.
- Security: Modernised software tends to be more secure and better protected against today’s threats.
- Customer focus: Modernisation can introduce new customer-centric features that improve the user experience and increase customer loyalty.
- Compliance: Modernising software makes it easier to comply with current regulations and standards.
Our modernisation workshops provide an ideal format to help you assess opportunities, identify and implement meaningful modernisation actions early, and embed modernisation as an ongoing process within your organisation.
Although the terms software modernisation and software migration are often used interchangeably, strictly speaking there are differences. While software modernisation is about revising and improving the existing system, software migration is about moving to a completely new platform or technology. Both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages.
We will be happy to advise you on which strategy is best suited to your organisation.
Yes, partial modernisation is usually possible and is often a cost-effective way to improve the performance and security of your software.
You can read more about this in our blog post «Why software modernisation is often the best solution» (in German).
The success of software modernisation can be measured using various KPIs and indicators. Some KPIs for measuring success are listed below:
- Performance improvement: Monitoring system performance before and after modernisation to determine if there are improvements in performance, reliability and efficiency
- Cost savings: Analysing operating costs before and after the modernisation to determine if the modernisation has resulted in cost savings.
- User satisfaction: Conducting user surveys or analysing user feedback to assess the impact of the modernisation on the user experience.
- Security improvements: Reviewing security protocols and measures to determine if the modernisation has improved system security.
- Scalability: Evaluate the system’s ability to handle increasing demands as an indicator of successful modernisation.
- ROI (Return on Investment): Calculating the ROI by comparing the cost of modernisation with the benefits achieved to assess the economic viability of the project.
- Economic objectives: Checking whether the modernisation has helped to achieve specific business objectives, such as increased sales, improved customer loyalty or new product launches.
This might also interest you
Intelligent eHealth portal for greater efficiency
Swisscom Health’s new curaBILL portal is ideally adapted to the processes in practice administration, leaving more time to take care of patients. Clear information structure, simplified and automated workflows and optimised liquidity provide optimum support.View customer story
Technica Radar 2023
Technica Radar: These are the key IT trends for Swiss SMEs in 2023
Which IT technologies and trends should Swiss SMEs focus on? And which tools should be investigated? bbv’s Technica Radar provides the answer. It visualises the trends for IT decision-makers and software developers specifically for Switzerland.View blog post
Exploiting opportunities for growth with the cloud
Following migration to the cloud, the curaBILL solution from Swisscom Health is fit for the future. bbv ensured a smooth transition to the cloud, using the latest technologies, high security and scalability to deliver faster innovations.View customer story
Poster of success factors in change management
The printable poster in PDF format “Success factors in change management” from bbv shows what is needed when it comes to major changes in companies and how these changes can be implemented successfully. It lists seven aspects and illustrates them in a clearly laid out diagram based on the analogy of a supertanker.View publication