Stay ahead with DevOps and ALM
To be successful with a digital strategy, it is important to identify trends and changes early and respond quickly with new products and services. DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) are essential approaches in this continuous process. Our interdisciplinary experts know how to put them into practice efficiently and effectively.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Focus on what matters: Our DevOps solutions enable developers to focus fully on product development, resulting in significant efficiency gains and cost savings.
- Compliance as standard: Seamlessly integrate compliance requirements into your development processes to easily meet regulatory standards and face audits with confidence.
- Quality assurance through automation: Improve the quality and traceability of your software through automated processes that ensure seamless documentation and auditability.
- Market Agility: Leverage the agility of DevOps and ALM to respond quickly to market changes and deliver innovation in a timely manner.
- Technology Advantage: With our DevOps and ALM services, you can stay ahead of technological change and dynamically adapt to new technology trends.
- Quality and operational excellence: Improve the operational stability and functionality of your software with our expertise to ensure the highest product and service quality.
Alexander Gold, Head of Development, LV 1871
We have been closing in gradually on our goal of increasing flexibility in software development thanks to our teamwork with bbv. We are delighted by the efficient and high-quality collaboration.
- DevOps & ALM Innovation Workshop: Our workshop helps you to assess the potential and risks of DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management faster and better.
- DevOps & ALM Implementation: Our interdisciplinary teams show you how to use DevOps and ALM tools efficiently and effectively in practice.
- Quality Management: We offer comprehensive quality management services to optimise your software products and services.
- Continuous Delivery & Deployment: Accelerate your development cycle with our continuous delivery and deployment expertise.
- Requirements Management & Issue Tracking: We help you manage requirements and track issues to ensure the success of your projects.
- Monitoring & Operational Stability: Rely on our expertise for stable and monitored systems that support your business processes.
DevOps & ALM
The workshop helps you to assess the potential and risks of DevOps and ALM faster and better. With our process, method, technology and business expertise, we support your organisation individually, so that you can reflect on your ideas directly in the workshop.
Are you looking to put DevOps and ALM into practice efficiently and effectively?
Book a free consultation now!
FAQ on DevOps & ALM
DevOps is an approach to software development and deployment that promotes collaboration between software developers and IT operators. The term is a combination of the words “development” and “operations”. DevOps integrates various practices, methods and tools to optimise the entire lifecycle of a software application. The aim is to improve the efficiency, quality and speed of software development and delivery. The key components of DevOps are:
- Continuous Integration (CI): Automation of the build and test process to efficiently integrate code changes.
- Continuous Deployment (CD): Automating software delivery to release new features and updates quickly and reliably.
- Automation: Use tools and scripts to automate recurring tasks, from code review to infrastructure management.
- Monitoring and Logging: Monitor application performance and collect data for analysis and improvement.
- Collaboration and Communication: Fostering an open and transparent culture of communication between developers, IT operators and other stakeholders.
- Security: Integrating security practices into the development process, often referred to as DevSecOps.
DevOps is not just a set of tools or practices, it is a culture of collaboration and continuous learning. It requires a change in mindset and often a change in culture to be successfully implemented.
ALM is a comprehensive framework for managing the lifecycle of a software application from inception to retirement. ALM integrates various aspects of software development such as planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance into a coordinated process. The main components are:
- Requirements Management: Gathering and analysing business and system requirements.
- Development: Implementing the software using development practices and tools.
- Quality assurance: Performing tests to verify the quality and functionality of the software.
- Deployment: Delivering the software to end users and implementing it in the production environment.
- Maintenance and support: Continuously monitoring and updating the software to keep it up-to-date and secure.
- Collaboration: Facilitating communication and collaboration between different teams and stakeholders.
- Documentation: Creating and maintaining documents that support the software lifecycle.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitoring performance and producing reports for stakeholders.
The combination of DevOps and ALM offers a number of benefits that can improve the efficiency, quality and speed of software development and delivery. Some of the key benefits are
- Faster time to market: By integrating DevOps with ALM, software products and updates can be developed, tested and released more quickly.
- Higher software quality: Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) in DevOps improves software quality and reduces defects.
- Efficient use of resources: Automated workflows and improved collaboration between teams lead to more efficient use of resources.
- Improved team collaboration: DevOps fosters a culture of open communication and collaboration, which has a positive impact on overall ALM.
- Cost savings: Significant cost savings can be realised by automating processes and reducing errors.
- Scalability: The combination of DevOps and ALM makes it easier to scale development processes to meet the growing or changing needs of the organisation.
- Security: DevOps enables security testing to be integrated into the development process, improving application and infrastructure security.
- Flexibility: Integrating DevOps into ALM provides the flexibility to respond quickly to market changes and customer demands.
- Transparency: Monitoring and reporting make it easier for stakeholders to track project progress and performance.
Integrating DevOps into an existing ALM system is a strategic step that requires careful planning and implementation. Some steps that can help you are:
- Analyse the status quo: Review current ALM and development processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Select tools: Select DevOps tools that integrate well with your existing ALM tools, such as version control systems, CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring tools.
- Automation: Implementing automation for build processes, testing and deployment to increase efficiency.
- Cultural change: Foster a DevOps culture that supports collaboration and open communication between development and operations teams.
- Training and onboarding: Train and continuously educate teams on DevOps practices and tools.
- Monitoring and feedback: Establish monitoring tools to monitor system performance and gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Pilot projects: Run pilot projects to test the effectiveness of DevOps integration.
- Scaling: After successful pilots, DevOps practices can be rolled out to other projects and teams.
- Continuous improvement: Regularly review processes and adapt to new requirements or technologies.
This might also interest you
Digital relaunch with individual solution
Conquer the breathtaking mountains with just a few clicks: The new group reservation system from PILATUS-BAHNEN AG impresses with its clear user experience design and forward-looking architecture. The digital relaunch was successfully completed in just five months with a strong international team and agile collaboration.View customer story
IoT Device Lifecycle Management
Managing IoT devices correctly – this is how
Device lifecycle management plays a special role in IoT solutions. We reveal which phases an IoT device undergoes – and what to look out for.View blog post
MS Azure Migration
Exploiting opportunities for growth with the cloud
Following migration to the cloud, the curaBILL solution from Swisscom Health is fit for the future. bbv ensured a smooth transition to the cloud, using the latest technologies, high security and scalability to deliver faster innovations.View customer story
Poster on agile project management with bbv
This printable poster in PDF format contains the relevant processes, bulleted key points and important interdependencies that are especially relevant in bbv’s view for implementing agile projects. Simply pin on the wall to have all key aspects quickly at a glance always.View publication